Sunday, November 9, 2008

don't get me wrong, new york's got heart

Big apple, big heart. Amazing people, cooking amazing food, in a way I want to document. I'm keeping Feed Me: Brooklyn going. There are more episodes in the can. I'm talking to some people about keeping it going here. I just lined up the Feed Me Show's first girl-girl date, in Brooklyn, and I'm stoked about making it. There's gonna be Mystery Fish and ass-kicking pastry. The tradition of a Feed Me Show cook breaking some bones before a taping continues. I'm doing it in cooperation with UnionDocs, a local documentary coop. It's gonna be awesome.

But it costs a lot of money to live here, and it'd do me some good to get out of here for a year before the schmutz turns cancerous.

I've lived in New York for nine years, eight of those in Brooklyn. I hear "Rhapsody in Blue" each time I see the skyline from the BQE. It's in my blood and it's not coming out, like mercury in Newtown Creek. I love this fucking place. It's time for me to go.

No comments: